Friday, January 11, 2013

Playing shoots and ladder

I cannot fathom how unbelievably chinese my brother is.

Yet when I think about it, I realized that I'm the least chinese one in the family so maybe I'm adopted. This calls for a whole lengthy blogpost to explain on the why but I find that I can't be bothered to do so, so some other day when I'm more in the mood perhaps.

Then again, I'm rarely in the mood to do anything nowadays so it might take a while.

I'm in danger of being dubbed as a social recluse as all I've been doing since the start of this semester break was to hole up in my room with my trusted lappy, hard drive, phone and books. Being in the age where many might say is the peak of my life I'm finding myself more and more disinclined to go out and socialize  A fact that I know for sure peers my age would frown and shake their heads on but then again why would one be bothered about one insignificant lil me.

To be honest, even I acknowledge the fact that yours truly behaves like an eighty years old woman who lives with her nineteen cats but I hate cats and if I do have to end up as a spinster I would choose to live with shelves and shelves of books rather than living beings as I am a misanthropist like that.

So, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted by my wayward thoughts on how I hate the world, I've developed a slightly more than fanaticism towards my bedroom and wouldn't it be nice if I get to live in my bedroom for the rest of forever. I mean a four wall (although there's more than four walls in my room) sanctuary where I'm shielded from the proverbial cold, unforgiving and often scary world of reality. Of course I'd rather just stay in this comfortable haven of mine with my books to keep me company.

With that said, don't you agree that life would be a lot simpler if one do not need to eat, sleep, study, earn money, spend said money, stress on said spending and the cycle repeats. Wouldn't one be a lot more content if all we need in life is to read and breathe books? Wouldn't that be a very fictional life to live?

A make believe but what's wrong with a dose of play pretend because nothing bad ever happens to the protagonist or if it does everything will end in happily ever after. Isn't that what we all grow up believing in?

Truth to be told, I myself don't get what the purpose of this post is other than the need to pen down all the intermittent thoughts who have found it in themselves to bug the life out of me. Short thought provoking questions that have been weighing down on my sense of happiness and contentment but nothing worse than the drama that has been happening around me.

Or maybe this state of ambivalence of mine is brought on by the fact that Chinese New Year is less than a month away. Only god knows how much I hate this celebration, if this sorry excuse to spend a lengthy amount of time with the relatives who I've been gifted, or in this case cursed, with can be called a celebration.

And this is one of the reasons why I'm a travesty excuse of a chinese: I absolutely detest the one sacred celebration that normal chinese look forward to.

Don't get me wrong because I do love the angpau part. Which sane person who knows the worth of these bills wouldn't? I just hate the time that I have to spend on these unnecessary people. It would be bearable if I have a semblance of indifference towards them but I actually hate these people with fervour and passion so I absolutely abhor this celebration that screams of bright red colour and loud noisy music.

And for all of those politically correct dumbasses who would like to comment on how if I hate these people I should refrain from getting the monies from said relatives, I beg to differ. If I have to spend my precious time away from doing what I wanted to do and in its place spend it with people whom I dislike, these monies are just a small compensation.

Besides, money is everything in this dog eat dog world. If I don't take them it's not gonna prove any of my stances but would rather only illustrate on how stupid I am.

Yup I'm a hypocrite but when have I ever said that I'm not.

*

P.s:  Before any cat lovers hunt me down I would like to clarify that I don't exactly hate cats - not that I love them either - I was just elaborating my point. Although I've gotta say that I find animals way cuter when I don't have to take care of them, pet them and just ooh and aah-ing over their cuteness from afar, preferably behind a monitor screen. Tsk tsk tsk kids with technology these days /shakes head/


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com