Monday, January 28, 2013

I've learned the hard way to never let it get that far



Want to know the main reason why I detest love, marriage, fairy tales, prince charming, and the lot?

Because I used to fucking believe in it. I hate 'em now because they used to be the very things that I expected and depended on. But what did they say again; the higher your expectation the harder you fall? Well guess what, I fell. I fell so fucking far from my perfectly envisioned world and landed so hard on reality that I was rendered incapable to bloody be me anymore.

Once upon a time, I was that girl. That optimistic idiot who believes the world is a good place. That girl who used to genuinely believe, trust and like people because she was that innocent. I wasn't born a cynic with a heart colder than the arctic ocean and a wall that's much too high for a mere mortal to scale as its sentry.

I wasn't always like this.

But life happened and I found out about how terrifying the world can actually be. I was awakened to how unreliable this world and the people in it are. In as much as I wanted to believe, trust and love again I cannot. After all, if the people closest to you and whom you so called share the same blood lineage with can do such heinous things like they have done to us then what am I supposed to expect from strangers. No more no less, that's what.

It wasn't my choice to be this cold-hearted bitch. I was molded into it because at the end of the day, a realist never gets disappointed,  the emotionless one will never ever be broken down and money is still everything that matters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com